A Permanent Account Number or PAN Card is the most important identity card in India when it comes to financial transactions. Income Tax Department issues PAN Card in India.
Previously it used to be a lot of hassle and paperwork to apply for a PAN Card. But now this has become very easy.
Today we will see how to apply for PAN Card (as an individual) in a couple of minutes by using your Aadhaar Card. Most of your details including your photo and address will be taken from your previously mentioned Aadhaar Card details and you will just have to submit your Aadhaar no. for them to access those details. Please note that they will verify you by sending OTP on your phone number which is linked to your Aadhaar Card. If you don’t have access to that particular no which is linked to your Aadhaar, you will not be able to apply through this method. So before getting into the process make sure you have the phone number which is linked to your Aadhaar Card.
How to Apply for PAN Card:
Follow the below steps to apply for PAN Card:
- Click on this link (https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html)
- Select the application type (New PAN for Indian Citizens)
- Select your category (Individual)
- Fill in all the required details like name, phone number, email address, and DOB.
- On submitting the form, you will get a message on your mail and your phone number, giving you a token number.
- Click on the “Continue with the PAN Application Form” button.
- You will get to the digital e-KYC page.
- Put the last four digits of your Aadhaar number and select if you want a physical PAN Card or not.
- Enter other details asked below on the same page like contact, personal details e.t.c.
- Enter your AO code, area code, telephone code, and some other personal details. You can search for the AO code and area code of your location by google.
- This is the last part which includes document submission and declaration.
- Enter the first 8 digits of your Aadhaar no, this will be used for documents and your photo, you will not need other documents.
- Now you will have a preview of all the details filled by you which you can edit if there is something wrong.
- After clicking save and next, use e-KYC as an option to verify the details and e-sign the details. For this you will have to put the OTP sent to your Aadhaar linked mobile number.
- After this, you will need to pay around 107 rs. online as an application charge through online banking or UPI.
- After all this, you will receive an acknowledgment no. and a PAN Card application PDF. The pan card will reach your home in 10-15 days.