Many times we share each other important files through WhatsApp. Whatsapp is a mobile application and we may need some of the files on our computer. In this case, it becomes very hard and frustrating to transfer individual files from our phone to the computer.
Whatsapp has solved this problem with the help of a feature called WhatsApp web. You won’t have to install the WhatsApp application on your computer for it to run. What you need is an internet browser on your pc and your phone which has WhatsApp on it.
How does it work?
It works through QR code scanning. The Whatsapp app on your mobile uses the camera on your phone to scan the QR code which pops up when you go to the WhatsApp website.
How to use WhatsApp in Web:
Follow the steps below to use WhatsApp through browser:
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Click on the three dots present on the top right side of the screen.
- There you will see an option called linked device, click on that.
- Inside, you will see a green button, click on it and it will start your camera.
- Open WhatsApp web on your computer.
- Aline your phone with your computer screen to scan the QR code.
- After the scan is done, you will be able to use WhatsApp through your desktop browser. You will also be able to download media files.
If you don’t like this method, there is an alternate method to use WhatsApp on your PC. Whatsapp has made its application available on the window store and apple store, you can easily download it from there.