Instagram is one of the most popular social media out there. It is not just interesting to users, but brands are also very interested in Instagram.
Instagram is different from Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube because it is image-centric. Other apps have their USP, but Instagram is very photo-centric.
Also, it is very brand-friendly and brands benefit a lot from engaging with their customers on Instagram.
In this article, you will get to know various facts about Instagram that you may not have heard about before.
Interesting facts about Instagram
- The first photo ever posted was by the co-founder, @kevin on July 16, 2010. The photo is a picture of a dog.
- The most Instagrammed food is pizza, taking the lead in front of sushi and steak.
- It’s estimated that posts that include at least one hashtag gain 12.6% more engagement.
- The top five countries that use Instagram, in order of popularity, are the United States, Russia, Turkey, Brazil, and the United Kingdom.
- More than half of the top brands on Instagram use the same filter for every post.
- Instagram has over a billion monthly active users. That’s a lot of people!
- About 995 photos are uploaded to Instagram every second.
- More women use Instagram than men.
- 60% of Instagram users go on the platform to find new products. That’s why brands love Instagram.
- Over 4.2 billion “likes” happen on Instagram daily.
- Instagram influencers with under 10,000 followers can make $88.00 per post on average.
- 90% of users follow at least one brand on Instagram. This is another reason why brands focus on Instagram.
- Instagram is the second most engaged social network. Instagram is just after Facebook which is the most engaged social network. However, Instagram is also owned by Facebook.
- A study has discovered that 8% of all Instagram accounts are fake.
- Every month, there are over 16 million Google searches for “Instagram.”
- Instagram is the fifth most visited site in the world. The only websites with more monthly visitors are Google, YouTube, Facebook, and rival social platform Twitter.
- There are more Instagram users in India than in any other country. There are 180 million Indian Instagram users, to be exact. This isn’t all that surprising given that India is the second-most populous country on earth, with nearly 1.4 billion citizens.
- Single image posts on Instagram generate more likes than permanent video posts. As I have already said before, Instagram is an image-centric platform.